Here is a selection of my favourite travel quotes that inspire and motivate. Please add to this list by leaving your own favourite travel quotes below in the comments section, I would love for this list to keep on growing 🙂
- “You’re off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So… get on your way!” – Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr Seuss
- “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – T.S. Eliot
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…” – Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” – Dr. Seuss
“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” – Dr. Seuss, Happy Birthday to You!
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” – Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
“Why fit in when you were born to stand out?” – Dr. Seuss
“So be sure when you step, step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s a Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you’ll move mountains.” – Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.” – Dr. Seuss
“All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you’ll be quite a lot!” – Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You’ll Go! and The Lorax
“You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut.” – Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
Only you can control your future.” – Dr. Seuss
“You’ll get mixed up, of course, as you already know. You’ll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go. So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact and remember that Life’s a Great Balancing Act. Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right foot with your left.” – Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
“Oh, the things you can find if you don’t stay behind!” – Dr. Seuss
“Congratulations! Today is your day. You’re off to Great Places! You’re off and away!” – Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
“And when you’re alone there’s a very good chance you’ll meet things that scare you right out of your pants. There are some, down the road between hither and yon, that can scare you so much you won’t want to go on.” – Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
Onward up many a frightening creek, though your arms may get sore and your sneakers may leak. Oh! The places you’ll go!” – Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
- Do not seek to walk in the footsteps of the wise men of old, seek what they sought. – Matsuo Bashō, (Japanese poet, 1644 – 1694)
- Each day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. – Matsuo Bashō, (Japanese poet, 1644 – 1694)
- Not all those who wander are lost. – J.R.R. Tolkien
- It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end. – Ursula K. Le Guin
- Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. – Stephen Wright
- One’s destination is never a place but a new way of seeing things. – Henry Miller
- The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page. – St Augustine
- And if travel is like love, it is, in the end, mostly because it’s a heightened state of awareness, in which we are mindful, receptive, undimmed by familiarity and ready to be transformed. That is why the best trips, like the best love affairs, never really end. – Pico Iyer
- Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. – Henry David Thoreau
- Wherever you go, go with all your heart. – Confucius
- I love to travel but hate to arrive. – Albert Einstein
- We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open. – Jawaharial Nehru
- It feels good to be lost in the right direction. – Anonymous
- All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware. – Martin Buber
- We travel not to escape life, but for life to not escape us. – Anonymous
- There comes a longing … never to travel again except on foot. – Wendell Berry